Brazilian Islands & Welcome



Hey everyone, welcome to my new blog! 
I know that I said I'd have it up within a few days of that blog post I'd made but I was extremely tired when we came back from our trip and didn't feel like doing ANYTHING. Today I have some fuel in me though to go ahead and put this post up, as well as adding the finishing touches to my blog. It is a big work in progress so you are warned, though it should not interfere with you reading the posts here in any way so without further adieu let's talk about Brazil!




I've gotten many email and writes, asking me how my trip was, was it nice, was the areas safe.. etcetera.. 

I can say for a fact about my experience on the trip that it is extremely beautiful, hands down and only a fool would honestly think that this beautiful country was foul looking! We soaked up every single moment of the warm (okay, hot) summery sun that was given to us.. when it wasn't thundering or raining. Unfortunately that was one of the only downfalls to us being in Brazil, the rain and the thunderstorms were highly intense and unless I was on crack, I was not about to dance my happy tourist ass out there and accidentally get zapped. So we stayed inside cuddling watching soap operas in Spanish on the box tv that our little villa came with.


We did manage to sneak out a few times and see the city (I'll be posting those pictures if my camera decides to straighten up) and spent a whole day on an amazing boat ride with the sweetest old man who owned a boat and was taking people on rides for money to support his family including bring dinner to the table. Now, I have to say that I was totally dumb for doing this, especially with a 2 and 7 year old, therefore I do not recommend it at all if you're planning to travel, I'd rather you be safe and get a reputable source to take a trip out onto the water.

 I put sunscreen on us all but none of that could get us ready for how scorching hot the sun would be. It was like open season on our asses out there in the middle of the ocean! We did pass a few islands, the hours that we were out there being burned then the guy (Felipe) finally loaded at a dock on the small island (all of the photos that you see on the post) and we were able to get out as well as finally eat a little lunch that I'd packed us to go (Brazilian food of course), Coxinha with a side of rice along with mango salsa.

Felipe had asked if we wanted to go and take a dip is the water to cool off.. maybe he seen steam and smoke coming from my ass in the sand. Unfortunately we didn't bring any swim clothes and I was wearing makeup... or what was left of it anyways.


That sure didn't stop this browning bébé from stripping her shirt off after begging her scorching eye out to just dip even her toes into the water. Of course I'd be a cruel witch if I said no (which I almost did.. I'm telling you all, I'm really a witch from the Disney movies deep down..) so she tossed her shirt into the bottom of the boat, went into Felipe's bag of goggles / snorkels that he lends to tourists then leaped into the cool, crisp water that I'm almost certain, caused her skin to sizzle upon impact.


I stayed with Xochitl in the sand plunging and burying our toes into the warm sand, finishing up the yummy food that I'd brought along. Felipe had brought his own lunch that his wife specially packed for him (he said with the cutest smile) so he had kindly turned down the food I offered.

We watched the sun go down while listening to Felipe tell us about his adventures that happened back in his day in Brazil, being a native. Wild crazy adventures from bull fighting to chasing down crooks to meeting his wife who didn't understand a lick of Spanish (her family never taught her) and how he had to teach her Spanish since he didn't understand English one bit, now she's fluent in Spanish an him in English.


By the time we started to sail back, it was dark and time was lost but unregrettably so.

I'm almost certain that this was our best experience in Brazil, thank you sweet elder Felipe for sharing the treasures deep within your memory with us and thank you Brazil for having us!

Where have you traveled and what were your warmest happiest moments while you where there? Even if it's within your home country, away from the corridors of your home is a travel!
Comment below, I'd love to read what you have to say.

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! Your photography, your children, your adventures... breathtaking! I can't wait for more updates from you! Keep up the good work lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much! There's lots lots more in store ♥

      XO

      Delete